Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 13th Oprah Magazine

April 13th Oprah Magazine

I love this part of the article I read today gives me so much to think about and hope to forgive certain things in my life and people.

I know you often say that love liberates us, but actually, forgiveness does
-Oprah

But you cant forgive without loving. And I don't mean sentimentality. I don't mean mush. I mean having enough courage to stand up and say "I forgive. I am finished with it"
-Maya Angelou

It doesn't necessarily mean you want to invite them to your table.
-Oprah

Indeed not. No, no, no. I don't even want you around me. It just means I'm finished with you.
-Maya Angelou
 I read this part over and over several times today thinking about sadness or holding onto anger that has happened in my life and parts of other peoples lives I know. Sometimes I feel like I can say Yes I can forgive Not forget but Yes forgive and other times I feel like Hell No you do not get my forgiveness, I also wonder what it would be like to forgive and just Let it go. To say yes I forgive you, I am done with you and my life goes on.
Yesterday I went to Casens school to go over some items for Casens re-evaluation on his Autism diagnosis.  Took the kids to the store for some grocery items and a few extras (stuff to make a cake on Sunday) In this process I  managed to drop a $20 dollar bill somewhere. Took the bag of dog food out from the bottom of my cart for it to rip and go all over the floor in the check out lane, I get home the container of car litter falls out the lid is not on all the way and cat litter goes everywhere in the drive way, by this time I am ready for bed (its only 4pm) Glad the rest of the night went well except for the fact that I feel like I am losing more and more sleep each night. I just don't sleep good anymore. I can not take an ambien when Vince is not here for fear I will not hear my kids if they need me or that I will do something I do not need to be doing,sleeping walking or running around outside without makeup or a bra on LOL
 I have been taking Synthroid for a few weeks now, there are a few changes but not what I thought it would be. A few more weeks and I will talk to my doctor about putting me on actual Synthroid not generic or uping my dose. Or maybe even a different medication.
Vince left yesterday for a long weekend of Camping...oh excuse me gold panning with some buddies of his. Today I worked half a day. Got home had some quiet time alone while the kids had their quiet time as I call it now instead of nap time. We watched some Tom & Jerry, ate dinner, had a low key evening. I was bummed it got so cold today and rained since the weather said otherwise I was kind of looking forward to spending a little time soaking up some well needed Vitamin D. Utah weather you never know what the day will be like in April. 

I also must say I like this blogging thing kinda feels like writing in a journal.






No comments:

Post a Comment